Top 10 Places to Have a Baby
Leave your ovulation monitor, your basal body temperature thermometer, and your husband’s loose boxer shorts at home. What you REALLY need are luxurious surroundings and maybe a palm tree or two—in short, a romantic getaway vacation. Last spring more than 7,000 happy vacationers visited the travel website www.zoomandgo.com and voted in a poll to choose the “Best Hotel for Makin’ Babies.” While most of the destinations are predictably exotic, a hotel in decidedly un-tropical Montreal also made the Top 10 list. Said one couple of their Las Vegas choice (which didn’t make the final cut): “After 16 years of infertility, we went to the Rio to celebrate my godson’s 21st birthday and guess what? That night our son was conceived! Great room, great drinks, cool kid who is now 4!"
1. Intercontinental Le Moana Resort, Bora Bora
2. Hermitage Plantation Inn, Nevis
3. Sheraton Fiji Resort, Fiji
4. Reefs, Bermuda
5. Hotel Le Germain, Montreal, Canada
6. Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa, Sausalito, California
7. Jumby Bay Island Resort, Antigua
8. The Crane Beach Hotel, Barbados
9. Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, Bali
10. Hyatt Regency Resort & Casino, Aruba
A version of this article originally appeared in the Spring 2006 issue of Conceive Magazine.